POSSESS THE LAND
HISTORY OF THE TABERNACLE
God has been at work here at The Tabernacle since 1956. Pastor Neville and Lorette Gritt were in their teens when God first began to stir the waters in Sarasota, Florida. They were living thousands of miles away and had no knowledge that the Lord would bring them across the Atlantic Ocean far from their native England, and link them together with a loving, caring group of God's people. Tent meetings on the corner lot, in 1955, planted a seed for what would grow into a 65 acre campus. The Church, now The Tabernacle, still focuses on the Word of God, lifting Jesus Christ up as the Son of God and a personal savior. It is still people caring, sharing, growing, loving and giving.